- The music school year runs for 10 months from September 1st to June 30th. A yearly calendar is posted online, and will also be sent to you in August, indicating the first and last days of lessons, as well as the holidays during the school year.
- Teacher cancellations. These lessons will always be made up.
- Student cancellations. Make-up lessons will not be given for student cancellations. A lesson is considered cancelled if a student does not show up within 10 minutes of the intended lesson time. Student cancelled lessons are still charged because the time is being held by the teacher. If you are late for your lesson, your lesson will still end at it's normal time.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for your lesson as there are other students right after you.
- Parents/guardian may stay for the lesson if they choose to.
- Younger siblings may attend the lesson as long as they are not a distraction to the student.
- Please note that my studio is in a home with cats, so if you have allergies please let me know so alternate arrangements can be made.
- Any charges incurred for damage to my studio will become the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians of the student(s) involved in the incident.
- Due to uncertain driving conditions I may be up to 15 minutes early or late for the scheduled lesson time. Any part of the lesson that has been missed will be made up.
- A parent/guardian must be present in the home during the lesson time. I will not be able to enter a home where there is no parent/guardian present.
- In-studio lesson rates are $30 per 30 minutes.
- In-home lesson rates are $35 per 30 minutes.
- A teacher driving fee may be added to each in-home lesson. This fee will be based on the client location and client will be notified in advance.
- An invoice will be sent to you via email in August before the beginning of the music school year. If you do not recieve your invoice please notify me as soon as possible. you will recieve one yearly invoice outlining the monthly fees from September to June. Monthly fees are calculated based on a 40 week music school year. To keep the monthly payments consistent, the 40 weeks of music lessons are divided by the 10 months of the school year. A monthly invoice is available upon request only.
- Fees will not be adjusted for vacations or time taken off during the middle of the school year because the student's space is being held by the teacher.
- Monthly fees are payable by post-dated cheque only and are due upon receipt of your invoice.
- All post-dated cheques must be submitted on or before the first lesson of the music school year. Music lessons will not proceed unless all the cheques are submitted.
- Please date cheques for the 1st of each month and please make cheques payable to Hannah Mortensen.
- A $25 service charge will be applied to NSF cheques.
Stopping Your Music Lessons
- 30 days written notice is required from the client for final termination of lessons. Lessons will be billed to the end of that 30 day period. Any other outstanding post-dated cheques will be returned or destroyed as requested by the client.